Body Positivity [2017][Ended]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Body Positivity [2017][Ended]

Post by Cream on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welcome Everyone!

I am your host Cream.
In honor of National Underwear Day on August 5th.
The Celestial Art Cafe will be hosting a body positivity event!

Dates
July 31st - August 14th

Event Guidelines
1. CAC and Forumotions rules must be followed at all times.
2. Full nudity is not allowed.
3. Outlined genitalia is also not allowed.
3. Absolutely NO body shaming, about yourself or anyone else. Remember you are beautiful and your waiters/waitresses here at CAC love you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Male Event Guide | Female Event Guide

How to Enter
1. Change your display picture to something body positive and leave a comment.
2. Post something you love about yourself, have overcome, or are trying to overcome
about your appearance.
3. Create a body positive artwork and post it.
4. Use or Create an overlay on your display picture.
5. You may enter by doing one or more of these.

Feel free to make and upload your own!
Overlays:

CAC
001 | 002 | 003

@Arcanimus
001 | 002

001 | 002 | 003

001 | 002 | 003

001 | 002 | 003 | 004 | 005 | 006

Prizes
Those who participate in this event and post in this thread
will receive this icon on their profile:

Participants :

Social Media Manager
Cream

Back to top Go down

Re: Body Positivity [2017][Ended]

Post by Allen on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:03 am

Tbh I love how chubby I am, keeps me warm in the winter xD and I overcome that I look good and I don't need to look like all the other skinny people in the world, I am perfect the way I am and I love myself besides being chubby is a great look #NoBodyShame
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cook
Allen

http://grrosen.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:13 pm

Thank you for sharing ou o!
I've also added your cute little overlays to the list :>

I think that's the hardest thing I've been trying to over come.
Is just accepting that I will never be super tiny cause my body fat
just doesn't distribute that way. Focusing on being healthy and happy
is more important anyway

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Spoopy Manager
Ghost
IMVU : Voyeur

https://www.twitch.tv/pastellist

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRed on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Ok, So a little story about my body:
While growing up, I didn't eat[much] I mostly drank Coke, and anytime someone mentioned it. I felt worse about myself. 3 years ago I started to eat a bit more. Being out of where I was living at the time helped a lot. Before I was 90lbs. Today I am 210lbs. I have been on both sides of the spectrum. My current weight is something I am working on. Doing a very healthy[and DELISH] diet called Keltogenic. Since I've started I've been dropping pounds, but EVEN THEN I am happy where I am. I am proud of coming out of such a scary time where I was starving myself. Now I am eating a regular amount. Drinking water. And all around feeling better about where I am in my life. It's still a work in progress but I know I can make it. And I'll be even happier.

Also, I would love to see these going strong as well. Change the colors if you'd like~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LilRed
IMVU : Bratess

Back to top Go down

Post by Suga on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:47 pm

I am just now learning to accept and love my body positively because when I was smaller, I was still fairly chubby. Now, I've lost a bit of weight and I feel like I've had this weight (pff) lifted off of my shoulders and I can breathe better knowing I am more confident in my body and confident in myself.  Heart

Suga
IMVU : Tradition

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratail on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:49 pm

Just a little bit about me.

When I was younger in about 3rd - 5th grade, I was actually a ballerina.
I was I guess you could say, up in my class? I did cheerleading, and all that kind of stuff.

I was always picked on for being tall, and more built than the other girls.
I had more muscle growing up than I did fat.
I would get picked on, and just purely made fun of, so I actually quit doing those things as I went into middle school, then just gained an astonishing amount of weight there.

I'm doing a whole lot better now, and actually getting to a healthier state.
Which I'm proud of myself for.
I'm in love with my looks, and my body now, and no one can make me feel about myself otherwise.
Of course I have my moments where I'm scared and upset about my image, but that's ok. I'll always be okay.

P.s. Don't really have a whole lot of skills when it comes to making overlays for DP's ;w; sorry.

Ratail
IMVU : Metishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Astra on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:30 pm

For me, my two biggest obstacles in my life were my teeth and my weight.
I'm still self-conscious about my weight at times, since I can't seem to keep it off, but I've accepted my teeth.

Also, I made overlays!:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Astra
IMVU : Astrometry

Back to top Go down

Post by TrippMachine on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:56 am

I just wanted to say this is a great thing right here <3
TrippMachine
IMVU : TrippMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:27 am

It isn't my weight that I'm unhappy about.

For those who do not know, I was born with an extra thumb on my right hand, it is one of the symptoms of a syndrome I have. When I was a kid, I had surgery to have it removed. Aside from aches and pains which never go completely away, it just looks a total mess. The scar is very large and runs down the side. I cannot move the top part of my thumb since the joint does not function properly and the bone is very crooked.

For me, it's something that I have come to terms with. I have come to accept that I will probably never get any better. What agitates me is that every doctor I have seen about this immediately jumps on the "Wow that looks horrible! We can refer you to a plastic surgeon to make it look better!" bandwagon. I am aware that it looks bad; my issue is not with how it looks but how it feels. I experience a lot of pain with it.

I have had people recoil when I attempted to shake their hands. I have had attendants in stores hesitate when I tried handing them money to pay for things. I know how it is.

I wish doctors would stop assuming that cosmetic surgery is the answer. It's the pain that drives me nuts and sometimes it gets so severe that it prevents me from doing normal daily activities. I wish people, especially the doctors, weren't so focused on appearances. There's a lot more going on under the surface.
Anna
IMVU : Serpantha

Back to top Go down

Post by TrippMachine on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:11 pm

I would like to participate! I made my self a new avi pic that I am going to use on here and imvu that is of me. Sorry if there are typos this always makes me cry.

After having a child I had hated my body for the longest time due to the large amount of "horrifying" stretch marks on my body. After I had little one, when summer hit, I would wear shorts and light tank tops out a lot and would hear people talking about me saying how disgusting I looked and even had someone come up to me saying I should cover my self up because "No one wants to see those horrifying scars." For about 3 years, even during the summer, i would go out in long pants and long sleeved shirts. It got to the point where I could not even look at my self because of what people wold say.But one day my daughter, who was 3 at the time, was running around the house while I was changing and like all kids does not understand any privacy. She had ran into my room and just yelled out "MOMMY YOU THE PRETTY MOMMY EVEN IN DA WORLD" and my heart just melted because these horrifying, disgusting, hideous, and all the worst words to be called in the world, where proof that I am the proudest mother ever to such a little human being that could look past what someone actually looks like and see them for who they truly are on the inside. Now I will wear shorts and tank tops again and any time my daughter hears someone saying something she always tells me I am beautiful and thanks me for being her mommy. I am so proud of my daughter and I thank her so much for helping me love my self.

These are some overlays I made. You can also set it to multiply for the color ones if you want them to stand out more. They are not perfect but I tried haha.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TrippMachine
IMVU : TrippMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendigos on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Here's a little about me PLUS an overlay option. c:

I recently wore a crop top out. I know it isn't a big deal but I DID IT. I faced my biggest fear of being seen out in public with skin showing. I also wore some shorts. I faced a few of my biggest fears in the past two months and I'm still fighting through them. I still question if this is a good idea but I DO IT.

Wendigos
IMVU : bunpuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbok on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 am

This is a really great idea!
So I've struggled with accepting how I look, it's not just my weight, it's acne, how my body looks, stretch marks from my weight, and all that but I am slowly learning to accept my body and become positive of it, I still have moments quite often where I do really hate it but I'm attempting to stop thinking like that. Not everyone is perfect, everyone has imperfections but they're something to overcome and learn to love about yourself despite how others may feel. I'm overcoming my struggle with accepting my body by reading through inspiring posts on social medias and it actually helps a lot.

I wish I could've made an overlay but Idk how too + I'm awful at art lolrip
Arbok
IMVU : Arbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherubii on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Beauty comes in all different shapes, sizes, and nationally. Downing yourself cause of the media wants you to be or should be is wrong which is a big problem in today. It's so sad that people get bullied about how they look all the time. :( You should always love yourself no matter others think though it's very hard.
Thought for myself I always loved my body yet again there are times I feel I should take better care of it.

Stay body proud everyone~ ♥
Sherubii
IMVU : Sherubii

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Mmmmm I have always had a hard time with trying to accept my body, I overcame it in Highschool when I started wrestling I was chunky muscular and proud! Now that I'm out of HS I've gained some weight and my parents and friends keep bullying my about it... it hurts.. especially my parents because you'd think they'd support me but... it gets worse because I'm starting to revert to my old "I hate... I hate... I hate.." self and I really don't want that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Catering Manager
Stephen
IMVU : Frenchfry

https://www.instagram.com/unic.rn/

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:51 pm

All these pretty overlays!!
Stay proud of yourself, everyone! Hard times will pass. We (the CAC Family) are here for you every step of the way! Don't be afraid to message us if you need to talk!
Café Owner
Celeste

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Thank you everyone who has shared so far.
You're all so strong! Stay proud of yourself ! ♥

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Spoopy Manager
Ghost
IMVU : Voyeur

https://www.twitch.tv/pastellist

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniavanitas on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:07 am

I personally love this event!~
Romance

I've struggled with my body throughout the years. I remember hating myself for the longest time because of my weight.
After school I started to embrace my size... instead of picking clothes by numbers, picking what made me feel good about myself.
I hope everyone can feel this way about themselves, it's a part of loving yourself.
Omniavanitas
IMVU : OmniaVanitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Last day to enter!
Café Owner
Celeste

Back to top Go down

Post by Cream Yesterday at 3:38 am

[eventmod]
Body Positivity 2017 has now Ended

I want to thank you all for sharing and participating in our event!
I will now be going through the posts and making sure
to add anyone I may have missed to the list. Please be patient while
prizes are being sent out.

Much Love,
Cream [/eventmod]
Social Media Manager
Cream

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top